- 2 Minute Biographical Talk To Platoon Members & Staff
- Fieldcraft Lessons, including "Map And Compass", "Platoon Battle Drills", & "Ambush Drills"
- Orienteering (2/3 man group)- Exercise Top Score
- Skill At Arms
- Obstacle Course
- Section Volleyball
- Section Tug-of-war
- Log Race followed by Obstacle Course - Exercise Safari Park.
- Command Tasks
- Lecturettes - Presentation On Any Chosen Subject
- Tour Of House
- 10 - 20km March with Command Tasks at checkpoints - Exercise Super Stars
- Fieldcraft Night Exercise - Exercise Shark Eye
- March & Shoot at Pirbright Ranges
- Navigation Exercise followed by Fieldcraft Night Exercise - Exercise Tender Foot
- Log Run and Obstacle Course - The Wish Stream Race at RMAS
This year's courses:
- 10/01: 4-10 Jul 10
- 10/02: 11-17 Jul 10
- 10/03: 18-24 Jul 10
How Am I Assessed?
The main aim of the Frimley leadership course is to "develop initiative and self reliance and to exercise practical leadership". Therefore, in your end of course assessment you will be graded on your leadership qualities, which are the following:
- Zeal and energy: Powerful drive and enthusiasm are required, with a reserve of energy. You will need to attack the challenges that are thrown at you with liveliness and full application.
- Reliability: Dependability under stress, and unflustered, competent and reliable at all times, always inspiring complete confidence and never letting someone down.
- Common sense and Judgement: Consistent decision making that is sound and clear, being mentally flexible and straight talking.
- Intelligence and Foresight: Penetrating and far sighted thinking, with anticipation of potential problems and quickly adapting to new situations.
- Leadership and Management: Inspiring to others, and extracting the best in people. Setting an example for others in behaviour, who react well to this.
- Initiative: Being prepared to be the first to step forward and make decisions, being full of ideas and imagination, and without need for guidance.
- Oral expression: Fluent and persuasive in speaking, commanding attention and communicating effectively and concisely.
- Organising ability: Providing totally effective control, allocating tasks, recognising priorities rapidly, and using resources effectively and economically.
- Cooperation with others: Respected and effective within a team, working with others well, with the right approach to superiors and subordinates.
- Physical stamina: Physically fit, robust, and energetic, driving a team forward, and helping weaker members give 110% effort.